[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Occasional exceptions out of SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.writeHeaders"

Andrew Dinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 05:39:53 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Occasional exceptions out of SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.writeHeaders":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523856#523856

Author  : Andrew Dinn
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adinn

Message:
Hi guys,

I am running an XTS demo on the current AS trunk and am occasionally seeing exceptions thrown from the soap stack:

10:23:03,631 ERROR org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.handler.HandlerChainExecutor Exception during handler processing: javax.xml.ws.addressing.AddressingException: Cannot read ws-addressing headers
    at org.jboss.ws.extensions.addressing.soap.SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.writeHeaders(SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.java:317)
    at org.jboss.ws.extensions.addressing.jaxws.WSAddressingClientHandler.handleOutbound(WSAddressingClientHandler.java:116)
    at org.jboss.wsf.common.handler.GenericHandler.handleMessage(GenericHandler.java:53)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.handler.HandlerChainExecutor.handleMessage(HandlerChainExecutor.java:312)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.handler.HandlerChainExecutor.handleMessage(HandlerChainExecutor.java:145)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.callRequestHandlerChain(ClientImpl.java:178)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonClient.invoke(CommonClient.java:300)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:299)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:170)
    at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:150)
    at $Proxy216.completedOperation(Unknown Source)
    at com.arjuna.webservices11.wsba.client.ParticipantCompletionCoordinatorClient.sendCompleted(ParticipantCompletionCoordinatorClient.java:142)
    at com.arjuna.wst11.messaging.engines.ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.sendCompleted(ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.java:809)
    at com.arjuna.wst11.messaging.engines.ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.commsTimeout(ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.java:760)
    at com.arjuna.wst11.messaging.engines.ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.access$000(ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.java:52)
    at com.arjuna.wst11.messaging.engines.ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine$1.run(ParticipantCompletionParticipantEngine.java:1254)
Caused by: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to create SOAP Factory: Unable to create SAAJ meta-factoryProvider com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl could not be instantiated: java.lang.IllegalStateException: BaseClassLoader at 144ee21 classLoader is not connected to a domain (probably undeployed?) for class com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl
    at javax.xml.soap.SOAPFactory.newInstance(SOAPFactory.java:270)
    at org.jboss.ws.extensions.addressing.soap.SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.writeHeaders(SOAPAddressingPropertiesImpl.java:225)
    ... 17 more

The first exception tag 'Cannot read ws-addressing headers' is actually misleading since the root cause is the IllegalStateException occurring under the call to SOAPFactory.newInstance(). The thing is this problem does not seem to be stopping the XTS code from working -- I am presuming this is because the error is intermittent and the message gets through when XTS resends. Any idea what is causing the IllegalStateException?

n.b. the error happens quite often, I would guess once every 2-3 times XTS dispatches a 'request' or 'response' (these are paired 1-way messages)  but I cannot guarantee to be able to reproduce it as yet. The demo in which it manifests is fairly complex -- AOP, EJB, Web Service + XTS BA :-( --  so I'm note sure yet how to isolate the problem. I just want to check if it is a known bug. If not I will investigate further.