[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: Adding JBoss AS source to a project"

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 17:05:01 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Adding JBoss AS source to a project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524020#524020

Author  : henk de boer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53

Message:
> mailto:max.andersen at jboss.com wrote:
> > dgolovin wrote:
> >
> > It looks like launch configuration for server should be altered after project deployed/undeployed to/from the server. WTP JBoss AS adapter does that but JBossTools JBossAS adapter doesn't.
> hmm - I would be surprised if the wtp adapters does that...it sounds wrong.

I'm of course not 100% sure whether that is what is technically happening under the hood, but the UI surely does suggest this is what happening. The screenshots posted by Denis Golovin show that and I observed the exact same thing as I described earlier. I haven't yet tested with the latest nightly build of Jboss Tools, I used 3.1 CR1.

When my project is not deployed to the wtp adapter, the launch config contains only the JDK jars. With the project deployed, my project folders are there as well as all the Jboss jars. At any length, whatever is happening, the wtp adapter gives me the source of my own files in the debugger while the jboss tools adapter doesn't.

I also vaguely remember that the MyEclipse deployer does a similar thing; adding the project's libs and folders to the launch configuration.