[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] New message: "Re: How to Read my oracle*ds.xml"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 5 01:43:52 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to Read my oracle*ds.xml":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524297#524297

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> maluram wrote:
>

> and run the test client again - without closing the connections, which I am interested in.
> Even after waiting 15 minutes,  Connection Destroyed Count = 0 and all the 25 created are still in use.
>
> How do I read my above *ds.xml - if I want to know when/whether unused connections will be destroyed ?. I would expect, stale connection validation fires every 10 seconds and if found they are closed.
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Connections handed out to clients (like your java program) are not stale connections. Those are in-use connections. Unless the client calls close on that connection, the connection will not be returned to the pool and will stay as in-use