[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBoss Tools Installation"

Marko Strukelj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 5 10:06:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss Tools Installation":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524419#524419

Author  : Marko Strukelj
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mstruk

Message:
Ok, looks like there's a little Eclipse bug here.

After adding the update sites for BIRT and m2eclipse, after the unsuccessful first try, I have to completely close the 'Install New Software' dialog, and opening it again to start another try. And then it works.

Without that the missing dependencies from before somehow get remembered (even though install gives the impression of recalculating the dependencies, it obviously picks the remembered missing dependencies list from the previous run). And successfully installing anything probably flushes this cache ...

Nasty!

So, forget about subclipse, we should mention this nasty behaviour in the instructions .

Cheers,

- marko