[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Does anyone knows how to deploy ProcessDefintion in JBPM 4.2.1"

Marcin M do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 5 11:53:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Does anyone knows how to deploy ProcessDefintion in JBPM 4.2.1":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524444#524444

Author  : Marcin M
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kot.filemon

Message:
I am facing a serious problem, which can a blocker for us.

I have wrote a small piecie of code that builds ProcessDefintion.

ProcessDefinitionBuilder builder = ProcessDefinitionBuilder.startProcess("Hello World");
builder.startActivity(new StartActivity()).initial().transition("hello display").endActivity();
builder.startActivity("hello display", new Display("Hello")).transition("world display").endActivity();
builder.startActivity("world display", new Display("World")).endActivity();
ProcessDefinition processDefinition = builder.endProcess();

The Display class implements ActivityBehaviour and pariculary does nothing.

My setup is Spring 3.0, Spring jbpm integration, jbpm 4.2 via maven (from JBoss repository). I am looking for a way to deploy this small process, I have found several ways on wiki and forum which fail:

http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/pvm/manual/html_single/#d0e1870

I donot have PvmDbSession class on my classpath (but for sure I do have pvm jars included!) + EnvironmentFactory is an interface.

The question is how to deploy ProcessDefintion that has been built by ProcessDefintionBuilder?

thanks in advance for any help