[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: CachedConnectionManager API issue"

Vicky Kak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 5 13:26:16 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "CachedConnectionManager API issue":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524456#524456

Author  : Vicky Kak
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/vickyk

Message:
> gaohoward wrote:
>
> My understanding is that it simulates a JCA start up in a JBoss server. This works with AS 4 lib set. Now I need this work with AS 5 too. It turned out AS 5 has changed the API. I don't know how to do it.

The code basically plugs in the JCA infrastruture MBeans for the testcase.
You can knock off the following call
mbeanServer.invoke(on, "start", new Object[0], new String[0]);

This basically was calling the startService() operation in 4.x implementation which had been doing this

 protected void startService()
           throws Exception
   {
      tm = (TransactionManager) getServer().getAttribute(transactionManagerServiceName,
              "TransactionManager");
      TransactionSynchronizer.setTransactionManager(tm);
      ServerVMClientUserTransaction.getSingleton().registerTxStartedListener(this);
      EnterpriseContext.setUserTransactionStartedListener(this);
   }

With Jboss5 we only need to set the TM which can be done by calling the
setTransactionManager() on the CachedConnectionManager implenetation, check code
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/main/java/org/jboss/resource/connectionmanager/CachedConnectionManager.java

The other parts are knocked off as needed for this
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6159

So what I had pointed before should be helpful, you should knockoff the call on start() operation on the CCM in your testcase.

Also I am wondering if you really need to plugin the CCM, the CCM is used to track the connection taken by the meta-ware objects.
I am not sure if your test case need it, this is what you will have to check.

Go ahead and try the approach which I had suggested and let us know if you see red signal.