[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] New message: "Re: Failed Attempt to integrate JBOSS AS with Websphere MQ"

Ben Cotton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 01:45:12 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Failed Attempt to integrate JBOSS AS with Websphere MQ":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524679#524679

Author  : Ben Cotton
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ben.cotton@rutgers.edu

Message:
I was able to sucessfully deploy your WMQTestMDB.java MDB to my JBoss AS 5.1  instance and confirm that this MDB executed immediately upon my sending a test message to my WSMQ destination 'TEST.QUEUE'.

I did this by doing the following

1.  Modify your WMQTestMDB.java source to indicate my WSMQ instance ('hostName' and 'queueManager' property values changed)
2.  Build a .jar (file name = JBossMessagingForum.jar) to deploy to my JBoss AS 5.1 instance (this .jar is attached to this post)
3.  cp JBossMessagingForum.jar $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/
4.  confirm from the JBoss server log file that the deploy had no errors/exceptions and that EJB 'WMQTestMDB' started
5.  From the IBM Websphere MQ Explorer application, right clicked on the 'TEST.QUEUE' object and selected the 'Put Test Message' menu item
6.  Sent a "Hello World" text message to TEST.QUEUE
7.  Confirmed from the JBoss server log file that the MDB consumed the 'Hello World' message

All this worked without error, I am not exactly sure why your MDB deployment did not work for you.

As a possible test, maybe you can take the attached .jar and re-try steps 1 through 7 above?