[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] New message: "Re: Remote vs. Local client lookup of same JNDI object"

Ben Cotton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 9 15:51:53 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Remote vs. Local client lookup of same JNDI object":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525230#525230

Author  : Ben Cotton
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ben.cotton@rutgers.edu

Message:
OK, thank you very much Brian.  I will continue debugging.

I find the following particularly curious:  when I execute the following code from a servlet, deployed locally to the same JBoss AS 5.1 instance hosting the 'IVTCF' and 'IVTQueue' JNDI names,  my lookup() assignments always  get 100% correct non-NULL references to the IBM WSWMQ implementation classes.  It is only when remote clients do the lookup() ... and only in the 'IVTCF' lookup() case ... that I get a NULL returned.

That leads me to believe that the following is likely true:

> jaikiran wrote:
>
> Perhaps the connection factory isn't meant to be used outside the JVM where it's hosted. I remember seeing some discussion about this some years back, but cant located that thread now.

Still waiting on the IBM WSMQ JCA adapter developer (mailto:ben.ritchie at uk.ibm.com) to comment.

Thanks again Brian and Jaikiran for your +stellar+ support.