[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Profiling the dependency project"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 08:35:10 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Profiling the dependency project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525416#525416

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> What I would really like is to be able to is somehow roll the getting of the context and the on demand context into one, something along the lines of
>
>    *public* *boolean* resolve(Controller controller)
>    {
>       *boolean* previous = resolved;
>
>       ControllerState state = dependentState == *null* ? ControllerState.INSTALLED : dependentState;
>       ControllerContext context = controller.getContextAtStateOrEnableOnDemand(iDependOn, state);
>
>       *if* (context == *null*)
>       {
>          resolved = *false*;
>       }
>       *else*
>       {
>          addDependsOnMe(controller, context);
>          resolved = *true*;
>       }
>    }
>

> That way we only query for the context once instead of twice (three times before my last change)
I would add Controller::getContext(name, state, boolean enableOnDemand),
where previous code would have false for 3rd param.

How much improvement do we see if you add this?