[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: Possible Memory Leak"

Mayank Mittal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 10:02:41 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Possible Memory Leak":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525456#525456

Author  : Mayank Mittal
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mayankmit2002

Message:
> peterj wrote:
>
> I don't know enough about the debugging tools available on Linux to provide much help. The only thing that comes to mind is to use a C/C++ debugger attached to the java process to see if that helps identify where and why the memory is being allocated.

I used Yourkit profiler as well as JBuilder to profile the application, but any kind of memory leak is not visible, also the memory consumption keeps on increasing.

The one thing I noticed after long term execution of my server, is that, after consuming 67% of memory, linux starts using swap memory instead of RAM. Can you throw some light on this behavior of the Linux.