[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: Network boundaries in JCA?"

Laird Nelson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 18:07:20 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Network boundaries in JCA?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525613#525613

Author  : Laird Nelson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ljnelson

Message:
First, thanks for your answer.

But doesn't this happen all the time?  Most application servers I know about, for example, implement DataSources on top of the JCA.  That means whenever I look up a DataSource in a remote client (come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I did this...maybe it's not all that common....) I am getting a connection factory that somehow keeps a "tether" back to the application server.  I hear you and agree with you that indeed the specification does not mention this--hence my question--but how +would+ you allow for this as an RA developer?

Muddled thinking on my part; I know.  Still wrapping my head around this.  Thanks again.