[jboss-user] [JCA Development] New message: "Re: About Project Plan & Implementation"

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 09:43:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "About Project Plan & Implementation":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525782#525782

Author  : Jesper Pedersen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen

Message:
Currently we have Jetty integrated as the web container to provide a HTTP based platform for our documentation and a simple management console.

The WARDeployer deploys .WAR files into the Jetty environment, but that is the scope of the integration currently.

If we want a "full" web + jca environment more work has to be done on the integration and especially the testing of the integration.

If you want to start on a Tomcat integration that would be great. There are a couple of points though

1. Jetty integration must be maintained - and hence there must be separate WAR deployers for each platform
2. There should be a test suite that test basic web applications (smoke-tests) -- currently there isn't one
3. There should be a test suite that test basic web / jca interaction
4. There should be different configurations - jetty+jca and tomcat+jca - for test suite and binary distribution

The key is to be a clean separation between JCA container and layers above, as web (JSP+Servlet) is just one "consumer" of JCA tech.