[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Setting priority for process definition or instance"

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 10:02:57 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Setting priority for process definition or instance":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525785#525785

Author  : Maciej Swiderski
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej

Message:
Hi,

Considering following use case:

there are two (or more) process definitions on the engine: MyProcess-1 and YourProcess-1.

Scenario 1:
Starting 100 instances of MyProcess-1 and next starting 100 instances of YourProcess.-1 I would like to instruct the engine that MyProcess-1 instances are more important and should be executed prior to YourProcess-1 instances.

Scenario 2:
I would like to set on instance level that 10 instances of MyProcess-1 should have higher priority and 10 instances of YourProcess-1 as well due to they are handling actions for VIP customers.

Is there any way of specifying a priority for either definition  or instance of the process to be more important than another.

Cheers,
Maciej