[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "5.1.0.GA considerably slower than 4.0.3RC2! Up to 200%"

Emil Nilimaa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 12 09:41:59 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "5.1.0.GA considerably slower than 4.0.3RC2! Up to 200%":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526054#526054

Author  : Emil Nilimaa
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/Eminil

Message:
We have been running our app on JBoss 4.0.RC2 using EJB.

We have now migrated/upgraded to JBoss 5.1.0.GA and use EJB3 with annotations.

The problem is our whole system seems to be running *considerably* slower in the new JBoss. We've added timestamps in our code to messaure certain methods and it seems almost everything is running from 2-3 times slower in the VM.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this? Is it just that 5.1.0.GA stinks? Or is it that we need to change some settings or similar?

This slowness is not acceptable for our app.

Any help is very much appreciated!