[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Re: @Action annotation -- where does it come from?"

Richard Opalka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 03:07:12 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "@Action annotation -- where does it come from?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526256#526256

Author  : Richard Opalka
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/richard.opalka@jboss.com

Message:
Hi Andrew,

   you should use annotations from JSR 224 spec (JAX-WS ). The problem you're dealing with is caused by the fact we claim to support
withdrawn http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=261 specification:

see:

http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/application/standards/

line:

Java API for XML Web Services Addressing (JAX-WSA)  [JSR-261]

   JSR-261 was first attempt to bring in WS-Addressing technology to J2EE. This failed and these days addressing is part of JSR-224 specification.
I'm not yet sure what we'll do with JSR-261 we claim to support. I'll address this issue once I'll review addressing related sections of JSR-224 and TCK6.
   I'd like to ask you don't use anything from packages javax.xml.ws.addressing.* package (defined in JSR-261). It will be removed from JBossWS code base with high probability.
   Also let me know if JSR 261 has something you need and you're missing it in JSR 224 (JAX-WS spec). We could then escalate it to JAXWS EG Alessio is part of.