[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Re: @Action annotation -- where does it come from?"

Andrew Dinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 04:17:40 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "@Action annotation -- where does it come from?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526269#526269

Author  : Andrew Dinn
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adinn

Message:
Hi Richard,

Yes, I realise that Jax-WA has been dropped but I also know that our stack and the CXF stack support it (albeit not in a standard way). I guess what I am really concerned about is whether I can rely on  use of the @Action annotation in package javax.xml.ws to set the WSA action given that there is no WSA spec. It looks to me like CXF also uses the this annotation but even if it does that's a contingent fact rather than a specified requirement.  I would like my code to run on both CXF and Native now and in future releases.

Perhaps Alessio can raise this issue with the EG. Really, it would be best to try to revive the whole WSA standard again (either in its current form or in some variatiopn of it) since the stated reason for dropping it -- that it was too complex and unnecessary -- was bogus as far as I am concerned. That action seemed to me to be more to do with Sun not having any resource to implement the spec than any argument based on its merits.

Anyway, you can rest assured that I don't currently employ any of JSR 261 directly. Apart form this use of the  javax.xml.ws.Action annotation to derive the WSA action all other WSA configuration is via the MAP abstraction.