[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Jbpm 4.3 Event Listeners"

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 05:41:08 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Jbpm 4.3 Event Listeners":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526301#526301

Author  : Maciej Swiderski
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej

Message:
Hi,

I think it can have something to do with caching mechanism. I have encountered similar issues when working with java activities.

It works fine for the first time since new instance of a class is created and members of that class are properly set. Afterwards this class is cached.

The idea behind is that such items (java activity) should be stateless and should not rely on class members. In case of java activity solution was to use arguments that will be passed to method. If it comes to event listeners you have access to process variables inside notify method (using execution object).

Could be good to get a confirmation of this from more experienced jBPM user. Any way I hope it will be useful.

Cheers,
Maciej