[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Classloaders & Domains: Some questions & a suggestion"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 12:16:16 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Classloaders & Domains: Some questions & a suggestion":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526426#526426

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> But then I wonder: What's the point of declaring requirement/capabilities if I can see all of the domain's classes as soon as they are in the same domain? (especially as it seems they will never be visible unless they are part of the same domain/parent domain hierarchy)
This should not be the case if you declare explicit requirements.
 > At the moment, the requirement/capability mechanism seems to be only a sanity check. But if it was really used by the classloading mechanism to know how to link things, then I feel it would be a lot more useful (and powerful).
They are used to link things together -- that's what RequirementDependencyItem is all about.