[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Classloaders & Domains: Some questions & a suggestion"

Gilles Compienne do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 16 08:10:28 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Classloaders & Domains: Some questions & a suggestion":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526537#526537

Author  : Gilles Compienne
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/gcompienne

Message:
That's strange then. I am using the following jboss-classloader.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classloading domain="InfinispanCacheDomain" xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0"
              import-all="false" parent-first="false" parent-domain="DefaultDomain" top-level-classloader="true">

 <requirements>
  <package name="test.cluster.datacache.api"/>
 </requirements>
 <capabilities>
  <package name="test.cluster.datacache.infinispan_impl"/>
 </capabilities>

</classloading>

The file clearly specify a requirement (and also uses "import-all=false"), but the module can still use Log4j (which is should not as it is not declared).

I also went to the JMX Console, and, on the classloader assigned to the application, I was able to load jgroup and other similar classes, which I should not have been able to.

Now, this test was done on JBoss AS 5.1. So is it something that changed recently in the MC trunk?

Thanks.

Gilles.