[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] New message: "Providing JAX-RPC functionalities with CXF and Metro stacks"

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 16 09:14:54 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Providing JAX-RPC functionalities with CXF and Metro stacks":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526552#526552

Author  : Alessio Soldano
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano@jboss.com

Message:
As you all know, Apache CXF and Glassfish Metro do not include JAX-RPC functionalities. While this is not a major issue considering users should be moving to JAXWS for many reasons, Java EE 6 still include jaxrpc and JBoss AS needs to be certified.
In the direction of further improving the JBossWS integration layer for running different WS stacks on top of our AS, we need to provide a way of supporting jaxrpc deployments when JBossWS-CXF or JBossWS-Metro is installed in the AS.
During a F2F meeting at end of January, the JBossWS team discussed possible solutions for this issue and the most viable one appeared to be leveraging the JBossWS-Native stack for providing JAXRPC functionalities, while leaving JAXWS processing to the other installed stack.
I've been prototyping an implementation for this in the last weeks and since it's basically maching my expectations, I'm describing it a bit here below along with the results before thinking about merging it upstream.