[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] New message: "Re: Providing JAX-RPC functionalities with CXF and Metro stacks"

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 16 11:25:23 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Providing JAX-RPC functionalities with CXF and Metro stacks":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526590#526590

Author  : Alessio Soldano
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano@jboss.com

Message:
In order for testing this, apart from manually running jaxrpc/**/*TestCase from Native stack against a CXF/Metro stack, we need some kind of basic jaxrpc coverage in the jbossws-framework. So I copied some of the jaxrpc samples from the native testsuite to framework and removed native stack specific stuff from them (we have some kind of extensions to the standard jaxrpc interfaces which are used extensively in the native testsuite). This was the framework is still stack independent and simply uses the jaxrpc-api.jar too.

>From a client configuration point of view, using the added jaxrpc features with CXF/Metro stacks simply implies adding jbossws-native-core.jar, netty.jar and jaxrpc-api.jar to the classpath.

The jbossws testsuites are currently passing. Before writing this posts I also wanted to try the jaxrpc related modules of the Java EE 5 TCK. For doing that I manually retro-fitted the changes to AS 5.1.0.GA. jaxrpc and webservice modules all green, webservices12 has some other issues (JBWS-2935) preventing a clean run, but the mix jaxrpc-jaxws test there is passing.