[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Nested DataSource fails to deploy before ejbs"

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 16 12:19:17 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Nested DataSource fails to deploy before ejbs":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526604#526604

Author  : henk de boer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53

Message:
Hi,

I have an EAR application running on JBoss AS 5.1. My EJB module defines a persistence.xml, referencing a data source that is defined using a -ds.xml in the root of my ear. This is all pretty basic and works perfectly +most of the time. With the emphasis on most.+

Occasionally the deployment fails and JBoss AS states it can't find the data source. I found the following JIRA issue regarding this: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-4205 .

In the past I've solved similar problems for the web module by adding a dependency (<depends>jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=my_ds</depends>) to the jboss-web.xml of such web module.

Is there any equivalent for the EJB module that allows me to express such a dependency? jboss-ejb.xml or something like that?

Thanks in advance for all help!