[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: AnnotatedElementMetaDataLoader component metadata optimization"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 18 09:39:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "AnnotatedElementMetaDataLoader component metadata optimization":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527008#527008

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
I have done some benchmarks for the different solutions for AnnotatedElementMetaDataLoader.getComponentMetaDataRetrieval().

1. The worst performing is the original form, creating a new AEMDL when there are no annotations
2. The best performing is returning null when there are no annotations, taking half the time of 1
3. What we have now performs somewhere in between, about 1.5 times that of 2

In all cases the use of CachingMetaDataContext (which I create outside the benchmark, so this is for reads only) performs worse than the plain MetaDataContext, but I think it is needed for getAnnotationsAnnotatedWith()?