[jboss-user] [Javassist Development] New message: "Re: ScopedClassPoolRepositoryImpl and default ClassPool"

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 19 08:38:31 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ScopedClassPoolRepositoryImpl and default ClassPool":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527262#527262

Author  : Flavia Rainone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone@jboss.com

Message:
On a private talk with Kabir and Ales, we decided that the best thing to do for now is to copy those ScopedCP classes to a new module of jboss-classpool project and "fix" everything that is getting in the way with those.
As Kabir mentioned, those ScopedCP classes were created by us to be used inside AS. Now, they are outdated since they won't work in AS and we ended up needing ve a project only for that.

I'm calling that new module scoped-classpool. Once it is ready, we can decide whether it would be a good idea to use those changes as a patch for Javassist, or whether we wanna keep it the way it is.

I have only one observation to do regarding this. It will add a dependency from jboss-reflect towards scoped-classpool module. The way we are today, we have all references to the ScopedCP classes, and no reference at all to the subclasses in jboss-classpool project. Plus, we will also have to edit several references to ScopedCP's in JBoss AOP project as well.