[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Profiling the dependency project"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 19 10:03:09 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Profiling the dependency project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527278#527278

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:

> Since installCallbacks and uninstallCallbacks are ConcurrentHashMaps, I think the read lock is unnecessary here in AbstractController:
Since I think callbacks are already used in some explicitly locked code (via Lock),
what about if we leave the locks and just change the callbacks to plain HashMap?

Like discussed on the call, what is faster in a really-rare-concurrent env?
* lock + plain hash collection
* concurrent hash collection

Jason, DML?