[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: How to using propertyService to substitute parameter in ejb-jar.xml file"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 19 13:23:35 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to using propertyService to substitute parameter in ejb-jar.xml file":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527329#527329

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
Looks like a deployment ordering issue. I think the properties-service.xml is deployed after the parsing of ejb-jar.xml is done. So the system property values aren't set when the ejb-jar.xml is being parsed. You can do this:

Add the following piece of MBean (it's actually does the same as what the MBean in properties-service.xml does)

<mbean code="org.jboss.varia.property.SystemPropertiesService"
             name="me:service=MyProperties">
          <attribute name="Properties">
              ConnectionURLs=tcp://server:3507,tcp://server:3508
          </attribute>
      </mbean>

in JBOSS_HOME/server/&lt; servername&gt;/conf/jboss-service.xml instead of setting it through properties-service.xml in the deploy folder. That way, the properties set by this service will always be available before any of his deployments in the deploy folder.