[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Update properties or fields in custom node"

Flavio N. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 22 06:42:58 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Update properties or fields in custom node":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527574#527574

Author  : Flavio N.
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/VegaMilano

Message:
I have a problem with custom nodes.
I have a custom node which call execute method of MyClass (MyClass extends ActivityBehaviour).
I need to set a property of the class to use inside the method:

<custom class="sample.MyClass" name="MyClassNode">
  <property name="myObject">
     <object expr="#{my-object}" />
  </property>
 </custom>

It appers the property is set correctly to my-object variable only the first time I run the process; following times the old (first) object is used; I test it and it never call again the property setter.
No difference using field instead of property: only the first time the value is set.

Is there any method to tell to the process to set field or property values EACH TIME the node is executed?
Obviously I can refer to the variable inside the method, but I need to call my class in different point of the process using different value of myObject and I can't have the name of the variabile hard-coded.

Thanx in advance