[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: CallbackItem.changeCallback() very expensive due to context tracking"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 22 11:59:02 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "CallbackItem.changeCallback() very expensive due to context tracking":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527663#527663

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> For B I don't really understand exactly why this is being done? It looks like we check for ContextTracker in each metadata level at INSTANCE level and above, up to JVM. Wouldn't that be handled by the call to metaData.getMetaData() in C anyway?
Yeah, I think it you're right.
Since, if the context/scopeInfo's scope key doesn't include certain scope level,
looking with B doesn't really help -- same result as with C.
e.g. B's MetaData is just a collection of Cs
> For A, maybe scopeInfo could keep a reference to the MetaData to avoid having to access the repository every time we call scopeInfo.getMetaData()?

How many times do we invoke this?
For ContextTracker retrieval, this should only be called once, as we should get the CT on the first call.
(CT is setup in AS -- see kernel.xml, but not by default for MC tests)