[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Development] New message: "Re: ClassPool Refactoring"

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 09:23:41 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ClassPool Refactoring":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527915#527915

Author  : Flavia Rainone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone@jboss.com

Message:
> alesj wrote:
>  It depends how and were things are cached.
This cache I'm talking about is one that is ScopedClassPool. It contains only the ctClasses created by that particular CP.

> alesj wrote:
>
> Since, of course you should be able to re-deploy things, while Classpool still reflect proper/actual state.Undeploy should evict related things from cache as well.
>
> Re-deploy is the only scenario I see as valid, that would change the structure/state.
If something is undeployed, isn't the ClassLoader simply "thrown away"? The same will happen to the CP.
Plus, if something is redeployed, isn't a new ClassLoader created for the new deployment? Since every CP is associated with a CL, we would hence have a new CP for that new CL, and the old cache would be automatically discarded.