[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Processed BMD as an input to a deployer"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 10:41:08 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Processed BMD as an input to a deployer":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527952#527952

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> I am sure that i am not doing it right. So is there a way wherein i can achieve what i am trying to do?
Not completely wrong, but not right either. :-)

Why it doesn't work is b/c you're dependant on the Deployers order.
And even if BMDDeployer kicked in eariler, it wouldn't be done right.
e.g. your DeployerB is used before BMDDeployer installs XYZ into Controller, but than XYZ' dependency might be missing

What you need to do is the following.
Instead of attaching BMD, you should simply install it into Controller -- with proper CL metadata, etc ...
Plus, add proper dependencies between underlying Deployment[Unit] and your new BMD's KernelControllerContext.
This way your deployment will only move into DeployerB once the XYZ' injection is satisified.

OK?
If you have problems hacking this, let me know, and I'll put together a quick prototype for you.