[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Processed BMD as an input to a deployer"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 13:58:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Processed BMD as an input to a deployer":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528010#528010

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> alesj wrote:
>
> Why it doesn't work is b/c you're dependant on the Deployers order.
> And even if BMDDeployer kicked in eariler, it wouldn't be done right.
> e.g. your DeployerB is used before BMDDeployer installs XYZ into Controller, but than XYZ' dependency might be missing
Makes sense.

> alesj wrote:
>

> What you need to do is the following.
> Instead of attaching BMD, you should simply install it into Controller -- with proper CL metadata, etc ...

Thanks, that helped. I followed that and have my deployer chain working now.

> alesj wrote:
>
> Plus, add proper dependencies between underlying Deployment[Unit] and your new BMD's KernelControllerContext.

I haven't looked into this detail yet - will do it tomorrow

Thanks for the help!