[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: do you recomend jBPM 4.x for production use?"

Javier Alperte do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 20:58:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "do you recomend jBPM 4.x for production use?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528077#528077

Author  : Javier Alperte
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/xalperte

Message:
We are using the following configuration:

* JBoss AS 4.2.3
* JBoss Portal 2.7.2
* Seam 2.2.0, but jbpm-seam integration is not important for us. We do not use the jBPM-Seam functionality, we do by ourselves because it didn't exists support for portlet environment at the moment we integrated the 3.2.x version.
* MySQL 5.1.x

I'm attaching a zip with the model of the booking process. The process is composed by a Main Process and 7 Subprocesses.

As you can see in the diagrams, we are using the following bpm functionalities:

* Swim lanes
* Main Process Global Event Listeners (start-end) to free the rooms when the process ends abnormally or is canceled.
* Process-SubProcess communication. Main process waits until sub-processes ends.
* Task and Wait states with transition timers.
* The Task Nodes creates only 1 task, we do not need to create more than one task instance per node.
* Email nodes to send notifications to the users when needed.
* We have some Wait states that are waiting for a signal for external events like Payment Gateway and Insurance Services responses.

One think that I do not know if it will be available soon is the variable history support.

I have some questions and concerns but I will post new topics for them.

Thanks