[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: How to handle rollback due to runtime errors"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 24 14:50:04 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to handle rollback due to runtime errors":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528314#528314

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
I understand your usecase, functionality wise. On the other hand, I'm almost 100% sure that the separate WS-hell will not become realy major in complex B2B things. Other protocols are better suited for that

If we would provide something 'simple' for that, people most likely want more, but.... BPMN has an explicit ERROR event, not sure how that is to be used (see the specs for that http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/2.0/) and when in jBPM will have support for it.

Regarding transaction-rollback, intercepting those in a process somewhere when things happen low level and acting on it is (I think, am not into that low level stuff) rather difficult. Otoh, jBPM can already be used with some interceptors, so maybe you can do something on that level.

Personally, I've never really missed it (just did not use basic webservices )

Ronald