[jboss-user] [JCA Development] New message: "Re: JBJCA-290: Make ant task for validate tool"

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 24 23:25:38 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBJCA-290: Make ant task for validate tool":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528352#528352

Author  : Jesper Pedersen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen

Message:
I think that we should extract the validator code from deployers/ into its own module (validator/).

Then have only

* jboss-jca-deployers-fungal.jar
* jboss-jca-deployers-mc.jar

in deployers/.

The jboss-jca-validator-*.jar could then depend on jboss-jca-common-impl.jar as the annotation / metadata classes would move to the common/ module.

The validator should be refactored into org.jboss.jca.validator -- and sub-packages.

The validator/ module should of course be built before deployers/ - as the deployers would depend on it.

The validator/ module should have

* jboss-jca-validator.jar (framework)
* jboss-jca-validator-cli.jar (standalone)
* jboss-jca-validator-ant.jar (Ant task)
* jboss-jca-validator-maven.jar (Maven plugin)

Let me know what you think.