[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: classloader cant find groovy files in ejb project.. any ideas?"

William Woodman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 25 18:11:44 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "classloader cant find groovy files in ejb project.. any ideas?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528634#528634

Author  : William Woodman
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/wiggy

Message:
denis - thanks for responding however its still not working

I found that the server config in properties was set to workspace default and not the server deploy directory - not sure what that was doing.  However i have shifted the deploy output to goto the server/default/deploy directory.

and republished.  I can now see my project on the server in the exploded ear.  and my groovy class is right there alongside the class file from the java class. however when i run the app server i still get the error (this is the end of the error message trail)

If i read this it suggests that the BaseClassLoader cant see the Person class.  Well its there i've checked so why does it find the Node class (generated from java class file) but not the Person.class file in the same directory genderated from groovy?

I checked the source tab in the projects directory and it shows

http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2169/eclipse+screen.PNG

error from deployment shows

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "persistence.unit:unitName=forstersList-ear.ear/forstersList-ejb.jar#forstersList" is in error due to the following reason(s):
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.domain.forsterslist.entity.Person from BaseClassLoader at 8c2d23{VFSClassLoaderPolicy at e776f7{name=vfsfile:/C:/jboss/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml

what else am i missing here?