[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Development] New message: "Re: ClassPool Refactoring"

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 06:37:45 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ClassPool Refactoring":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528744#528744

Author  : Flavia Rainone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone@jboss.com

Message:
> mailto:kabir.khan at jboss.com wrote:
>
> This has been done against https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREFLECT-92. By default the cache is alive for 20 seconds with a 3 second "resolution", but this and the CachePolicy class is overridable with system properties http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jboss-classpool/trunk/classpool/src/main/java/org/jboss/classpool/base/CtClassCacheFactory.java
I've tested AS + CP + JBoss AOP 742 against AS trunk with the cache enabled and we got 19.3% of improvement on AOPUnitTestCase performance and 6.8% of performance improvement on the entire AOP test suite. We got no improvement on AS startup time, however. Still, the results show what we expected. At the points that use CP more extensively, we see a considerable gain in performance with the cache enabled.