[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: How do I enable pass-by-reference for EJB3 in JBoss AS container?"

Jerry Simone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 14:21:52 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How do I enable pass-by-reference for EJB3 in JBoss AS container?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528868#528868

Author  : Jerry Simone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jlsimone

Message:
Here is some more information. I apologize for continuing to reference old documentation, but I am still searching and will eventually find my way to the current JBoss 5.1 docs. Anyway, I did some more searching on "JBoss call by value" and found this link:
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/whatsnew40/html_single/

which talks about what's new in JBoss AS 4.0.1. In paragraph 2.1, it talks about optimizing performance for components deployed in the same JVM and goes on to say, "As a result, this configuration is not fully J2EE 1.4 compliant", which agrees with jaikiran's comments in an earlier post on this thread.

One thing that I find interesting, though, and something that keeps nagging at me, is the fact that there are three xml/configuration files in JBoss that I have found so far that all contain "call-by-value" semantics and they all are setting call-by-value to FALSE, which to me means call-by-reference is TRUE which is what I need. But I am not getting call by reference in the container. I am running a non-clustered JBoss 5.1.0 default server. These are the files that I have found so far that all have some form of "call by value = false".

server\default\deployers\ear-deployer-jboss-beans.xml
server\default\conf\jboss-service.xml
server\default\conf\standardjboss.xml