[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Re: JbossWS username authentication not working"

Bonnie Kenison do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 14:41:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JbossWS username authentication not working":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528880#528880

Author  : Bonnie Kenison
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/bkenison

Message:
I really just want to secure the web service, ie., require that the soap to the service includes the wsse:security header and that something on the server side verifies that this is the correct username/password.  The webservice will run under a web app that does not need to be secured.

This is the webservice request that gets generated:

<env:Envelope xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
<env:Header>
<wsse:Security env:mustUnderstand='1' xmlns:wsse='http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd'
 xmlns:wsu='http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd'>
     <wsse:UsernameToken wsu:Id='token-1-1267205890331-29812760'>
     <wsse:Username>kermitabcd</wsse:Username>
     <wsse:Password Type='http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0#PasswordText'>thefrogefg</wsse:Password>
     </wsse:UsernameToken></wsse:Security>
</env:Header>
<env:Body>
     <ns2:ping xmlns:ns2="http://localhost:8080/uttestservice"><arg0>Pramod</arg0></ns2:ping>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

I just want something that says - username: kermitabcd and password:thefrogefg is not correct.  Right now, the webmethod is being executed regardless of the username/password being sent in.

Bonnie