[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: Slow JVM memory leak"

Jon Walton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 15:38:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Slow JVM memory leak":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528899#528899

Author  : Jon Walton
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jw550

Message:
I have tried various Sun JVM versions, including u18, with the same results.   One interesting thing to note is that this is related to the JBossWS stack.   When I turn off all web service access to my SLSBs and hit the cluster only via RMI, the leak goes away.    If anyone has any ideas as to what may cause a native (non Java heap/non java Permgen) leak in this scenario, please pass it on, even if it is a brainstorm.

I will try to create a simple dummy application and web service client which reproduces the problem.   Unfortunatly I was unable to get the JVM running under valgrind, even following this FAQ: http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/faq.html#faq.java