[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "getVariables for multiple instances at once?"

aaron ehrensberger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 16:04:34 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "getVariables for multiple instances at once?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528909#528909

Author  : aaron ehrensberger
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/aehrensberger

Message:
We use a unique setup, showing the user a queue of process instances that they may choose to work on at a given point in time.  This queue can range from a small personal queue to a large common queue that may be cherrypicked by the users.

In this case where the queue is a larger queue, say containing 2000 process instances, we have determined through java profiling that the getVariables call on a specific process (which we are calling individually through a loop of process instances) is where most of the time is spent.

Is there a way to combine those 2000 calls into one call, getting all the variables for a set of process instances at one time?  Does anyone have another recommendation on how to achieve our desired user experience?