[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Create process instance without starting it"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 17:02:04 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Create process instance without starting it":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528921#528921

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
Your explanation is clear, and it explains what I expected. You were asking a 'technical' question in the direction of what you thought was the solution instead of asking a design question in the functional area.

I think you could/should use eventlisteners on the process start event. You can call a java class there that sends the notification before the process is at the custom activity. If that does not work, you can make the start node async (do not forget to give the start state a name!). The process instance returns immediately then and the rest is executed via the jobExecutor.

HTH,

Ronald