[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: getVariables for multiple instances at once?"

aaron ehrensberger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 17:07:40 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "getVariables for multiple instances at once?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528923#528923

Author  : aaron ehrensberger
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/aehrensberger

Message:
In trying to build this queue of 2000 process instances, I want to filter based on the values of these variables.  So, say 1000 of these jobs are meant for someone that can see salary and one of the variables is salary...I want to show that person 1000 jobs and not 2000.

The only way I know to do this now is to loop the 2000 instances, pull back their vars one by one, and process them in code.  Making 2000 calls, regardless of how lightweight they are, would seem to be less efficient than making say 10 pagination calls, pulling back a larger set of data, I would think?  In any case, this is the basis of my original question...