[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT"

damon weinstein do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 23:21:11 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528954#528954

Author  : damon weinstein
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/damonweinstein

Message:
Hi Sashi,

I ran into a similar problem:  The port which was supposed to have been in use never showed up in netstat -a -o and if I changed the port to another port - the new port would show up as already in use.

My problem turned out to be: the wrong value to -b of the startup script.
I was using my external IP address instead of my internal (to the lan) IP address so for example:

BAD:

run.bat -b  66.30.204.225     <--- the ip address of my router from the outside

GOOD:

run.bat -b  -b 192.168.1.107       <--- the ip address of the machine running jboss within the lan

I can't explain why this problem manifested the way that it did - but using the internal ip address fixed it.