[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] New message: "Perhaps a bug in createHistoryActivityInstanceQuery when process has a fork"

Robert Moskal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 27 16:08:40 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Perhaps a bug in createHistoryActivityInstanceQuery when process has a fork":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528988#528988

Author  : Robert Moskal
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/rmoskal

Message:
Greetings:

I've been experimenting with process with forks.  If I execute such a process from beginning to end, and then execute an activity query only certain nodes come back (the ones that aren't on the forked execution path). So if I have a process that looks like this:

                            state2
start - state1 -- fork          /  join - state4 - end
                            \state3

Only state1 and state4 come back when I query like this:

historyService.createHistoryActivityInstanceQuery().executionId(processInstance.getId()).list()

I can find state2 and 3 if I justquery on the activity, but they have a different execution id.  Attached is a unit test that follows the form of the JBPM ones.  It shows all these behaviors.

Is tis a bug, or am I just misunderstanding the way to get the history for a process?  I originally saw this behavior with 4.1, but have also tested with 4.4.