[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Strange desktop problem: Gnome locks up when I start JBoss5.1GA"

Jamie S do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 7 14:35:46 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Strange desktop problem: Gnome locks up when I start JBoss5.1GA":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518834#518834

Author  : Jamie S
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jamie.s

Message:
Hi,
Not exactly sure where to post this question...

I have this strange problem, where about 10 sec after I start JBoss, my desktop window manager freezes, meaning I can't switch to another application.  Can't mouse or alt-tab.  The other windows do not repaint.
If I am lucky, I will have my cursor in the console that I started JBoss in, and then I can hit Ctrl-C and kill the server, at which point the Gnome window manager unfreezes.    Within gnome-terminal itself, I can still switch tabs, and it is responsive...
If I am not so lucky, then I have to switch to a terminal (eg., Ctrl-Alt-F2) and kill the process.

Just upgraded to Fedora 12 / Gnome.
This is annoying as ^&%$#.

Anyone else ever see anything like this?
Not even sure where to start looking...

Thanks,

Jamie Strachan