[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: Persistence unit issues when migrating to JBOSS 5.1.0"

Dragos Bobes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 7 16:46:43 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Persistence unit issues when migrating to JBOSS 5.1.0":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518857#518857

Author  : Dragos Bobes
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/dbobes

Message:
I found a way to specify which jars should be scanned for hibernate annotations. In persistence.xml:

   <persistence-unit name="myapp">
      <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
      <jta-data-source>java:/jdbc/myapp</jta-data-source>
      <jar-file>myseammodule.jar</jar-file>
      <properties>
   </persistence-unit>

Now the container scans the myseammodule.jar for hibernate classes and everything works fine.

I still wonder if this structure is the best way to have the persistence unit scope set to ear level. I find it strange that I have to create an empty jar just to place persistence.xml at the root level of the ear.
Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Dragos