[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] New message: "Preload second level cache"

Johan Kumps do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 8 04:09:16 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Preload second level cache":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518903#518903

Author  : Johan Kumps
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/johan.kumps

Message:
Hi,

We are currently busy with architecting a solution using JPA/hibernate. We want to use JBossCache as second level cache because all data is rather static. Due to the fact that the data is static we would like to be able to preload the data in the cache. The documentation states however that it is a bad practice to use a CacheLoader when implementing a second level cache using JBossCache. So our question is how we can preload our second level cache? It's important that this is done only once whitin the cluster.

Looking forward to your ideas...

Kind regards,
Johan,