[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Help please with authentication."

Luis Esquivel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 8 18:56:41 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Help please with authentication.":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519067#519067

Author  : Luis Esquivel
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/lesquivel

Message:
Hello,

My questions is how to retrieve the userPrincipal attribute from the http session in an intranet web app.

Please read below for my setup:

We are using jboss-5.1.0.GA-jdk6.  Our web server is IIS7.  The connection between the 2 is working fine as we have an Internet app working.

We need to create an Intranet app.  I have IIS7 Authentication set to Windows authentication for this.  Our organization uses Active Directory for our internal authentication.  Our current intranet app that uses JRun app server, doesn't require anything special to retrieve the userPrincipal attribute from the http session in a filter we have setup.  My application only needs the userPrincipal attribute from the http session.

So far, I have not been able to get that attribute.  Can somebody help in how this can be achieved using JBoss?  I don't have to authenticate to the LDAP again as at that point all I need is a user name contained in the userPrincipal attribute.

Thank you in advance.