[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "[beginner] Deploying a ear file under JBoss AS 5"

Sarko Zio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 9 05:03:30 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "[beginner] Deploying a ear file under JBoss AS 5":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519080#519080

Author  : Sarko Zio
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/sarko86

Message:

Hi everybody, I hope I'm in the right section!

I developed a very basic "web service" (Hello world) following http://www.roseindia.net/jboss/index.shtml. With Ant I generate the jar, war and ear files. Then I try to upload the ear using the Jboss Administration section but it gives error:

Failed to create Resource example2.ear - cause: java.lang.Exception:Failed to remove deployment [vfszip:/C:/Programmi/jBoss/server/default/deploy/example2.ear/] after start failure. -> java.lang.RuntimeException:java.io.IOException: Failed to delete: DelegatingHandler at 9044862[path=example2.ear context=file:/C:/Programmi/jBoss/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/C:/Programmi/jBoss/server/default/deploy/example2.ear] -> java.io.IOException:Failed to delete: DelegatingHandler at 9044862[path=example2.ear context=file:/C:/Programmi/jBoss/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/C:/Programmi/jBoss/server/default/deploy/example2.ear]

I tried with the war file only and I had the same issue. I also tried to copy the war/ear file into the deploy/ default's subfolder and this still throws exception in the console. I then checked whether the file is correct and it should be, for I managed to run it properly under tomcat (the war file, I mean).

Can someone help me understading this issue? In attachment you find the ear file.
Thank you so much!