[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] New message: "Re: Problem with bridge reconnecting to remote queue."

Maciej Skorupka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 9 15:38:08 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Problem with bridge reconnecting to remote queue.":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519104#519104

Author  : Maciej Skorupka
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mskorupka

Message:
Now I'm pretty sure that this case is about misconfiguration or that JBoss isn't for us. First case sounds more probable. I upgraded JBoss Messaging to 1.4.6 and JBoss Remoting to 2.5.2SP1 (2.5.2 is needed by JBM 1.4.6, but I think SP1 still fits). Above mentioned problem still exists.

Probably there's something I don't know about how JBoss works. For me, failover happens when node dies. Then the second node gets all the traffic in case of 2 nodes working simultaneusly. But what happens if second node dies also? Obviously the cluster can't get any messages in that case, but I thought that bridge will keep trying to reconnect. At least I think that this should be in configuration somewhere. There should be a way to set that it should keep trying forever.